Rebuilding Your Broken World - Part 5
Pastor Jim Hanna
Main Idea: If Rebuilding is going to take place, we must learn to say Oh! No! to Ono!
How does the Enemy Use Distractions in our Life?
1. He wants to lure you away- Vs. 1-4
“But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire. Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin, and sin when it is fully grown brings forth death.”
2.He wants to take you down- Vs. 5-9
“Then I heard a loud voice shouting across the heavens, “It has come at last— salvation and power and the Kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Christ. For the accuser of our brothers and sisters has been thrown down to earth—the one who accuses them before our God day and night.” Revelation 12:10-NLT
3.He wants to fake you out- Vs. 10-14
“And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.”
2 Corinthians 11:3
How Do You Deal with Distractions in your Life?
- a. Stay focused on what God has called you to do- Vs.3
- b. Ask God to strengthen you- Vs. 9
“So we can say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper, so I will have no fear.
What can mere people do to me?” Hebrews 13:6
- c. Pray for spiritual discernment – Vs.12
“Dear friends, do not believe everyone who claims to speak by the Spirit. You must test them to see if the spirit. they have comes from God. For there are many false prophets in the world.”
1 John 4:1
- d. Celebrate what God is doing, but don’t let your guard down- Vs. 23
Youversion Bible Reading Plans: Download the
- “From Weakness to Strength: Learning from Criticism”
-“The Distraction Dilemma”- 6 day reading plan
- “Distraction: The Purpose Killer”- 7 day plan
- “Chasing Perfect” – 5 day reading plan